6th National Conference on Community and Restorative Justice
Oakland, CA Conference, June 2017
Moving Restorative Justice from Margins to Center:
We're the Ones We've Been Waiting For
- Promoting radical inclusivity and healing. Elevating historically marginalized voices in the areas of race, class, ethnicity, gender expression, sexual identity, age, ability, religion (e.g., Islamaphobia), immigration, and incarcerated or formerly incarcerated status.
- Promoting radical healing for all people, engaging restorative justice with the expanding fields of body-mind awareness, and arts-based, cultural and trauma healing practices.
- Exploring the intersection of restorative justice with other contemporary movements such as abolitionism, #BlackLivesMatter, and transgender and sexual violence activism.
Tracks and Workshops
- Calling Forth Our Future: A youth-centered and youth-driven track.
- Explorers: designed for participants who are new to restorative justice.
- Deep Divers: for seasoned practitioners wanting to hone skills and deepen their understandings.
- Movement Builders: For those wanting to promote larger-scale movement growth and social transformation.