6th National Conference on Community and Restorative Justice
Conference Dates: June 16-18, 2017
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Each Day
(Pre-Conference Training Sessions: June 15, 2017 - Sessions 1 & 2 Filled)
(Post-Conference Training Opportunities in the San Francisco Bay Area - June 20-23 and 26-29)
Moving Restorative Justice from Margins to Center:
We're the Ones We've Been Waiting For
- Promoting radical inclusivity and healing. Elevating historically marginalized voices in the areas of race, class, ethnicity, gender expression, sexual identity, age, ability, religion (e.g., Islamaphobia), immigration, and incarcerated or formerly incarcerated status.
- Promoting radical healing for all people, engaging restorative justice with the expanding fields of body-mind awareness, and arts-based, cultural and trauma healing practices.
- Exploring the intersection of restorative justice with other contemporary movements such as abolitionism, #BlackLivesMatter, and transgender and sexual violence activism.
Who should attend?
In past conferences, we have been glad to have attendees from a wide breadth of vocational fields, including:
- historically marginalized persons (in areas of race, class, ethnicity, gender expression, sexual identity, age, ability religion, immigration status, etc.)
- persons directly impacted by the juvenile and/or adult justice systems
- practitioners of restorative and community justice practices
- racial and social justice activists and advocates
- school staff interested in restorative approaches to schools
- academics and researchers
- criminal justice system workers and officials (courts, probation, corrections, etc.)
- social work and human services workers and officials
- community organizers
- community members invested in community building
- facilitators of dialogue-based resolution processes
- funders, foundation members, and philanthropists
- victim service advocates
We also bring together a full spectrum of people covering veterans in the field to those who are newly learning about restorative justice and community justice.
- Register now...
- Registration Fee Schedule... (PDF)
- Deadline for regular registratoin rate: March 31, 2017
Fees include a light breakfast and a lunch on June 16 and June 17, 2017. No meals are provided on the last day (June 18).
Hotel and Location
Washington Inn - Overflow Reservations...
Due to the extraordinary registration for this year's national conference, NACRJ's Group Block at Oakland Marriott City Center is SOLD OUT!!
The Courtyard Oakland Downtown Marriott was our first overflow hotel -- it too sold out. Today we negotiated additional housing at the beautiful, historic Washington Inn at a very good rate. It is also across the street about a half block away.
Select "Rooms & Suites" ---> "Make Reservations" ---> Select "June 15-18" dates
--->Specify Number of "Guests" ---> Select "Rate Options'" -
-->Enter Group Rate Code - "NACRJ" ---> APPLY --->
Should anyone need to book five (5) rooms or more / or if you have any hotel related questions, please call Mark Thaler, NACRJ's Hotel planner at 954-649-1000.
Close to 12th St. Oakland City Center BART Station (subway)
Alternate lodging options: Shared Housing...
Tracks and Workshops
- Calling Forth Our Future: A youth-centered and youth-driven track.
- Explorers: designed for participants who are new to restorative justice.
- Deep Divers: for seasoned practitioners wanting to hone skills and deepen their understandings.
- Movement Builders: For those wanting to promote larger-scale movement growth and social transformation.
Speaker Registration (at Early Bird Rates)
NOTE: Speakers who have already registered may request a reimbursement for the difference between the rate they paid and the authorized speaker rate ($260 for NACRJ members and $335 for non-members).
You may submit nominations for NACRJ awards using our Award Nominations online form. Deadline for nominations is April 26, 2017.
PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING SESSIONS - (June 15, 2017) — Three "Day Long" Training Options (PDF)
California Institute of Integral Studies (June 2017 Workshops)
- Use the Attached form(s) to collect personal information needed for off-line registration of attendees.