6th National Conference on Community and Restorative Justice
Conference Dates: June 16-18, 2017
8:00 to 5:00 - Each Day
(Pre-Conference Training Sessions: June 15, 2017 - Sessions 1 & 2 Filled)
(Post-Conference Training Opportunities in the San Francisco Bay Area - June 20-23 and 26-29)
Moving Restorative Justice from Margins to Center:
We're the Ones We've Been Looking For
- Promoting radical inclusivity and healing. Elevating historically marginalized voices in the areas of race, class, ethnicity, gender expression, sexual identity, age, ability, religion (e.g., Islamaphobia), immigration, and incarcerated or formerly incarcerated status.
- Promoting radical healing for all people, engaging restorative justice with the expanding fields of body-mind awareness, and arts-based, cultural and trauma healing practices.
- Exploring the intersection of restorative justice with other contemporary movements such as abolitionism, #BlackLivesMatter, and transgender and sexual violence activism.
Who should attend?
In past conferences, we have been glad to have attendees from a wide breadth of vocational fields, including:
- historically marginalized persons (in areas of race, class, ethnicity, gender expression, sexual identity, age, ability religion, immigration status, etc.)
- persons directly impacted by the juvenile and/or adult justice systems
- practitioners of restorative and community justice practices
- racial and social justice activists and advocates
- school staff interested in restorative approaches to schools
- academics and researchers
- criminal justice system workers and officials (courts, probation, corrections, etc.)
- social work and human services workers and officials
- community organizers
- community members invested in community building
- facilitators of dialogue-based resolution processes
- funders, foundation members, and philanthropists
- victim service advocates
We also bring together a full spectrum of people covering veterans in the field to those who are newly learning about restorative justice and community justice.
- Register now...
- Registration Fee Schedule... (PDF)
- Deadline for regular registratoin rate: March 31, 2017
Fees include a light breakfast and a lunch on June 16 and June 17, 2017. No meals are provided on the last day (June 18).
Hotel and Location
Oakland Marriott City Center - Reservations...
Close to 12th St. Oakland City Center BART Station (subway)
Alternate lodging options: Shared Housing...
Tracks and Workshops
- Calling Forth Our Future: A youth-centered and youth-driven track.
- Explorers: designed for participants who are new to restorative justice.
- Deep Divers: for seasoned practitioners wanting to hone skills and deepen their understandings.
- Movement Builders: For those wanting to promote larger-scale movement growth and social transformation.
Speaker Registration (at Early Bird Rates)
If your proposed presentation was selected for presentation at the conference you are eligible for reduced registration rates. To access the lower rates for presenters go to the on-line registration portal. Enter and confirm your email address. Then select the Registration Type [Speaker - Member (Individual) or Speaker - Non-Member (Individual)].
Non-Members who are speakers will need to enter the Speaker Code provided to them in the email notifying them that their presentation has been accepted for presentation at the conference.
In both cases, once the code is used the registration is processed normally -- personal information, registration options at the speaker rate, and concludes with "check out" using a credit card.
NOTE: Speakers whose presentations are selected for the conference may request a reimbursement from NACRJ for the difference between the rate they paid, before knowing whether their presentation was selected, if it was more than the authorized speaker rate ($260 for NACRJ members and $335 for non-members).
PRE-CONFERENCE TRAINING SESSIONS - (June 15, 2017) — Three "Day Long" Training Options (PDF)
California Institute of Integral Studies (June 2017 Workshops)
- Use the Attached form(s) to collect personal information needed for off-line registration of attendees.